- January 31 Kathy Diello will present a workshop on successful speaking contests–ideal for anyone involved with or interested in the upcoming International Speech Contest and Table Topics. (New River Palmetto Electric Community Room 10 a.m. — noon).
- Feb. 7 Toastmasters Leadership Institute at Palmetto GBA, Columbia
- Feb.27- Meeting location changed to Town of HHI Fire Rescue#40 Summit Dr. (first right after Dump, then left to fire station)
- March 06 (Evening) Fast Trackers International Speech Contest and Table Topics
- March 14 Area 15 International Speech Contest and Table Topics (Bluffton)
- March 28 Division A International Speech Contest and Table Topics (Charleston)
- May 02 (Tentative) Fast Trackers’ Speak-A-Thon with guest speakers, perhaps some improv, and an opportunity to complete an extra speech or try something new.
- July 31 Meeting location changed to Town of HHI Fire Rescue#40 Summit Dr. (first right after Dump, then left to fire station)
- November 13 Meeting location changed to Town of HHI Fire Rescue#40 Summit Dr. (first right after Dump, then left to fire station)
Fast Trackers Take Trophies at Division “A” Fall Contest
Sept 14, 2014—The two Fast Trackers who competed in the divisional round both earned trophies. Charlie McOuat was the 2nd place winner in the Humorous Speech event. In the Evaluation Contest, the 1st place trophy went to Rex Gale. Rex will be representing Division A in the District 58 Evaluation Contest also on Saturday, Oct 18th during the Fall Conference in Columbia.
Fast Trackers Sweep Area Humor and Evaluation Contest
Sept 02, 2014—Each of the three Toastmasters clubs in Area 15 sent its top two club winners in each event to compete in the Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contest on September 06.
Area Governor Kathy Diello served as Contest Chair. After leading the group in the Pledge of Allegiance and outlining the format for the contest, she introduced Chief Judge Jane Jude who explained the rules and judging processes.
The first event, the Evaluation Contest, began with a “target speech” by Fast Tracker Chad Beauchamp who told of ways independent business people can cut travel costs and delineated some of the pitfalls leading to the question: “was the price right?”
Rex Gale captured first place with his evaluation of the speech. David Premo finished second.
The best humorous speech honors went to Charlie McOuat who explained how he can still conquer the surf at Cape Cod’s Nauset Beach. David Premo took second place by telling what he learned from dogs, even though he never wanted a dog.
Charlie and Rex will compete in the Division A contest on Saturday, September 13 in North Charleston. David withdrew from the divisional contest because of a prior travel commitment.
Fast Trackers’ Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contest Results
by Area Governor and Fast Tracker, Kathy Diello
August 22, 2014—Thank you Tom Drago (Contest Master) for a wonderful speech contest! Congratulations to everyone who participated. All three speeches were well prepared and funny! We heard three productive and helpful evaluations too! I love that about our club; our evaluations are always well done with highlights of what the speaker did well and helpful suggestions for “next time.” It was nice seeing former Fast Tracker, Jodie Randisi, the “target speaker” for the evaluations, as she humorously encouraged us to “Put it in the Planner.”
Humorous Speech Contest Results:
1st Place David Premo
2nd Place Charlie McOuat
3rd Place Janet Turley
Evaluation Contest Results:
1st Place David Premo
2nd Place Rex Gale
3rd Place Paul Glick